“When we spend committed time with children, coming from a space of deep love and using creativity as the medium, the results are unpredictable, immeasurable and extremely powerful.”
The EKATVA journey has become a space of internal transformation for the children. The EKATVA show and tour will become a tool for external inspiration. When the two collide, ripples of love, inspiration and action will humbly spread to push the world closer to the spirit of “Oneness”.
- To provide an experience of deep transformation for the children’s spirit and lives, their parents and their slum communities. Provide an opportunity to break the walls, stereotypes and assumptions that they and the world have created for themselves. Children growing up in slums are generally conditioned to have low expectations of their potential from an early age. Boys are expected to do cheap labor work and girls are expected to drop out of school at a young age and get married. EKATVA is an experiment to show the children, their families and the entire slum communities the potential that exists in each child, and to put forth that hard work and love is all it takes to nurture that potential.
- To help develop global human capital. Since the EKTA tour in 2002, over 1000 volunteers, inspired by the show and through word of mouth, have come to India to serve the underprivileged in amazing capacities. The tour is a way to create sparks of compassion in the hearts of human beings, which may lead them on a path to give back to the world. This transfer of human capital or selfless contribution is important for true ‘oneness’ to be achieved and for the world to find equilibrium.
- The EKATVA Tour will provide a vehicle for global inspiration and connectivity in the spirit of Oneness. The EKATVA tour will include much more than just the performance. The tour will be dedicated to planting and harvesting the spirit of oneness in every moment and every city of our travel journey. In each city, before and after the performances, we will be working with other non-profits, serving the underprivileged, helping clean parts of the city, connecting different religions through all-religion pilgrimages and much more. We hope to humbly uplift the spirit of humanity wherever we go with our children as the ambassadors.
- To share the rich culture of India with the western world through song, dance, drama and storytelling. With one of the top choreographers of India directing the production, the show will be a powerful interweaving of intricate choreography, emotionally compelling music, inspiring story telling and rich multi-media.
- To inspire. The EKATVA performance and tour is an opportunity for the world to observe the strength and depth of underprivileged children’s spirit and potential. EKATVA will provide a space for the audience to question their own lives and reflect on their own personal journeys. Often these types of inflection points along our personal journey give us the push we need to make positive, internal and external change.
In the end, the EKATVA journey is truly about how we all can walk towards becoming better human beings and learn to love and serve the world around us.
“We can do no great things, just small things with great love.”